Compiled by the AppState CAE Inclusive Excellence Team
- A recorded webinar paneled by Black faculty and administrators that brings to light inequities and challenges of Blackness at various levels of campus communities. An excellent discussion that ends with a 10 point plan of real steps and policies that can be implemented to address anti-Blackness in schools, colleges, and universities.
- A multimedia list of anti-racism resources curated by the Appalachian State University library. Included are resources available directly at App State, videos, and racial justice and anti-racism organizations.
- Resources geared towards providing white people information and ways to become allies and accomplices in antiracist work. Designed as a table with sources specifically tied to stages of white identity development. A regularly updated GoogleDoc with live links.
- A multimedia list of anti-racist resources including podcasts, movies, articles, and tools for educating children on anti-racism.
- A collection of videos and news reports addressing anti-Black racism for grades 6 - 12. Video topics include current events, police and criminal justice reform, Black Lives Matter, race and racism and civic engagement. Each video denotes appropriateness for age groups.
- Organized by Academics for Black Lives, a multimedia list for those who wish to begin or continue their anti-racist work. Academics for Black Lives was started by “a group of Black counseling psychologists and their colleagues who practice Black allyship”.
- A moving blogpost by Nahliah Webber, a lifelong advocate for educational reform working to transform systemic policies that are hindering the education of Black children.
- An open source guide helping allies move beyond taking the label of “ally” into actionable steps to better the experiences of BIPOC (Black, Indiginous, and People of Color).
- More than delicious ice cream, an article from Ben & Jerry’s discussing and providing linked examples of systemic racism against BIPOC.
- How to Survive the End of the World- Adrienne Maree Brown and Autumn Brown
- Brene Brown – Unlocking Us (Ibram X. Kendi and Austin Channing Brown episodes)
- Pod Save the People
- Therapy for Black Girls
- Kendrick Samson
- Black Trans Femmes in the Arts
- The Nap Ministry
- Dr. Rosales Meza
- The Conscious Kid
- Brittany Packnett Cunningham
- Nalgona Positivity Pride
- Black In Boone